Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Slinkachu





If you stop by any Barnes and Noble, you should check out the Arts section. There was a book I came across that featured the work of Slinkachu. The book is called Little People in the City and offers a glimpse into the world of this particular artist. I didn't read the book very extensively, but I did get a lot out of it.

Slinkachu's work is fascinating because he creates miniatures that are smaller than a fly. The miniatures are generally people, living their day-to-day lives in a much bigger universe. As I flipped through the pages, I imagined what it would be like to be that small. Would I get eaten by spiders or other small predators? There was actually a picture of a small human with a rifle, killing a fly. The fly was shown dead on its back with the miniature human aiming the rifle.

I don't think you have to necessarily have to be interested in art in order to appreciate this work. Some people already feel small in the universe, why not observe from an even smaller scale?

1 comment:

  1. We publish the artwork for Slinkachu and welcome you to view his work in the gallery anytime. His work, including new releases "Glory" and "Spilt Milk", can be viewed at www.andipa.com. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete